Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

...A poem...


So I’m back,
Here again…
Weeping and crying...
And dying in pain…

A pain of which
I’d never known...
Unlike being beaten…
Or being stoned…

The pain of knowing...
Something’s amiss...
Being lost in what has been and is…

A dread of losing,
What’s treasured most!
A chapter written…
Another closed…

I see no more…
I hear no more…
Of what is now…
What’s been before…?

I care no less...
If time exists…
This grief, a visitor,
Still visits.

Absorbing into…
Each breath of mine…
A secret plan…
A cruel design…

To take from me,
What is mine…
The earth and heaven did combine…

To conspire and...

To steal it all
And let again
The pain befall

And ruin every
Precious dream
I couldn’t help,
But softly scream...

So soft, that no one
But I could hear
My heart it beat…
And wept with fear

A day, one more…
I begged…I tried…
I swear, I knelt, I prayed…. I cried…

The heaven yet… it did not see…
My tears, it didn’t hear my plea…

Weak, defeated…
And betrayed…
No more reason, to hope or wait…

Shadows and darkness now surround…
Stillness and fear…
All around…

I put out my hand,
For help, I scream…
I fall asleep…
Cry in my dream…


You won’t return,
Once you are gone…
You’ll leave my life…
Ripped and torn…

And from every piece, the dripping blood
Shall kill, destroy…
And stain… and flood…

And finish what,
So far has been…
What is and what’s to be seen…

And all but you shall remain…
To hear my voice, call you again…

You’ll look around,
But find me not…
A voice you knew…
But you forgot…

I’ll whisper that,
I’m in the air…
And run my fingers through your hair…

And touch your lips,
And kiss your eye…
And pretend that
I’m still alive…

Though you won’t
See or feel…
My voice you shall…
Always hear.

For if the world…
Steals you from me…
I’ll die to come…
Where you will be…

And speak to you
Of my love, once more…
And remind you, of that which was before…

-Eva

1 comment:

  1. beautiful.. :(
    i think i know what you went through, i think im going through the same...

    ReplyDelete