Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Contemplation

I wish no one was here
Sometimes, I like being alone...
Left to be with myself,
to look into my own soul

To weigh my actions and thoughts
To count my own mistakes
To sing to myself a song that calms
my heart down when it aches...

To have a few moments of silence
or unaccompanied stroll..
To comfort and to strengthen
My weak and weary soul...

Some time to give to Him,
Whom I've known to be God
Since childhood, in times of need
The name I've called upon...

Some time away from my world
when in a confused state...
I need some time in solitude
to stop and contemplate...

1 comment:

  1. Hello... I chanced upon your blog thanks to a comment on mine. That is a rather pained poem. Well written. Can almost feel it. You should write more often.

    ReplyDelete