Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

...

Anjali is cynical about almost everything.. she talks like she knows everything...
She looks at everything in a very demeaning way... as if she knows much better...
She opened the newspaper today morning when all of us sat together in the common room at the hostel... 

There is this air of satisfaction and a sort of self-sufficiency about her... i observed almost staring at her... she was pretty yes... her eyebrows were the best thing on her face...  long..beautifully shaped in a perfect curve growing pointy and thin at the outer end...

I watched her turn the pages... the cynical expression was back again... it was a rare event if the expression wasn't on her face...
I wondered what she was thinking...
I heard a little "pffft..." escape her mouth, while she rolled her big eyes which returned back to the paper. "They write such silly stuff, why don't they write good stuff in here" she spoke... almost to herself.. 
quickly running through the rest of the paper, she took up the magazine section. Here she sharply criticized something about a model's dress not matching the way she'd done her hair.. I peeped at the paper... looked okay to me.. but maybe she knew better... but not wanting to make an obvious display of my almost negligible sense of what she called fashion sense... I said "who cares anyway... why don't you just let it be.." 

"hmm..." she replied...  and looked at me with that stupid expression again...
I winked and smiled... she smiled... and turned her face away.


----
All characters in the above post are fictitious, any resemblance whatsoever to living or dead people is purely co-incidental...

Grin!

No comments:

Post a Comment