Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stella(cont.)

She drew her chair closer to mine, and opened the album... the first page had a picture in the center of the page, a family photo... how many people it? four...
She didn't look up, softly said pointing to the people in the picture, "My mom, my dad, my younger sister and that's me...
They all looked happy... smiling faces.
"I Love my family... I miss them..."
I didn't know what to say or how to respond, i couldn't understand... where was her family! What happened? A lot of questions came to me, but i knew it wasn't the time to ask... i knew i had to be patient and wait for her to start speaking and i'd get my answers..
She swept her fingers across the photograph silently and looked up, and this time there wasn't any veiling of expressions... i saw it.. her eyes, they held a troubled expression... the kinds that make you pray inside your head to the almighty that the other person be alright, that make you wonder what it could be...

She turned the page... a couple, newly married... 
The young lady had a pretty face and an enchanting smile, black long hair and expressive eyes, dusky complexion and the mole on her chin made her look prettier... and she bore such an amazing resemblance to Stella only if she were also smiling...

"That's my mother... And that," she said pointing to the fine young man, "...is my father", She stopped to take a breath and continued, "They moved in...

No comments:

Post a Comment